What Does a Spine Dr. Recommend for Chronic Back and Neck Pain?
Back pain negatively affects many aspects of your life. Simple tasks such as walking your dog or running errands take twice as long when your back is stiff, sore, and aching. You’ve dealt with this pain on your own with little success, and decide it’s time to find a spine doctor to provide professional help. Not sure where to begin, you start by searching the internet without much success. You find results like “Texas spine care center”, “Dr. Joseph Spine”, “Dr. Good Virginia Spine Institute”, “back specialist Staten Island”, and “emergency back pain specialist near me.” You refine your search to “best back pain doctor NYC” and see Pain Treatment Specialists appear at the top of your queue.
Looking more closely, you see that Pain Treatment Specialists has a team of Harvard trained pain doctors with spine centers in both NYC and northern NJ. Their pain clinics offer state of the art back pain care without utilizing back surgery, which is exactly the way you want to approach your back pain treatment. Booking an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists is easy to do online or over the phone, and you’re able to find a convenient appointment that works with your busy schedule. Now, you feel confident about moving forward and finding some peace and relief from your chronic back and neck pain.
What is a Spine Dr. and How Do They Treat Back Pain?
A spine doctor is someone who specializes in treating your back and neck. However, not all back doctors treat pain with the same methods. For example, a lumbar spine specialist near me, spine injury doctor near me, or orthopedic surgeon may suggest back surgery as a solution for your pain. Surgery is not always needed, and more consevrative treatments should be utilized first. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our back pain doctors are pain management doctors. This means that they only use minimally invasive back pain treatments, and do not recommend back surgery unless it is medically necessary. Some of our back doctors in NYC and northern NJ include:
- Dr. George Hanna: Dr. Hanna is a nationally recognized pain management specialist who is the former Director of Pain Innovations and Technology at Harvard Medical School. His expertise in pain management makes him a sought-after speaker for national medical conferences as a leader in pain medicine. His patients also describe him as knowledgeable, compassionate, and easy to talk to about back pain.
- Dr. Laura Lombardi: Dr. Lombardi fellowship trained at Harvard in interventional pain medicine. As a former Division 1 athlete, she understands the effect chronic pain has on the body, and how it limits both a person’s athletic training as well as their everyday activities.
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney is a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, instructing medical school students in anesthesiology and pain medicine. His philosophy as a pain management doctor is treating the whole patient, not just their chronic pain. He is eager to find solutions for chronic pain that dramatically improve each patient’s quality of life.
Dr. Lombardi, Dr. Hanna, and Dr. Volney are all accepting new patients at their pain clinics in NYC and northern NJ. Please call Pain Treatment Specialists and schedule an appointment with one of our outstanding pain management doctors.
What are the Best Pain Management Treatments for Back Pain?
What exactly does pain management involve in regards to back pain? First, it means that surgery is not a treatment course that is explored unless it is deemed medically necessary. Instead, your back doctor at Pain Treatment Specialists uses more conservative treatments that provide long-lasting and highly effective back pain relief. Our pain clinics in NYC and northern NJ offer the latest treatments for back and neck pain including:
- Epidural Steroid Injections: If your back pain doctor determines that your lower back pain is caused by a herniated disc or spinal stenosis, then an epidural steroid injection is an effective back pain treatment. Your pain doctor uses a special x-ray to administer an injection into the epidural space in your spine. This provides long-lasting pain relief, and paves the way for you to begin physical therapy and strengthen your back.
- Facet Joint Injection: This treatment involves a local аnеѕthеtіс or numbing medicine around the nerves of оnе or mоrе of the ѕmаll joints located along the side of each vеrtеbrа оn both ѕіdеѕ of the ѕріnе in thе lоwеr bасk. It is also known as a lumbar facet injection. It is both a diagnostic tool and a treatment option, as it can help identify the specific area of your back pain.
- Lumbar Radiofrequency Ablation: If you suffer from facet joint osteoarthritis, then using heat energy provides tremendous back pain relief. During this procedure, your pain doctor delivers heat energy to the nerve endings that are producing pain signals. This deactivates the painful nerve endings, providing long-lasting back pain relief.
The pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists look forward to meeting with patients and finding solutions that reduce back pain and restore your quality of life.
What is the Best Way to Describe Pain to a Back Doctor Near Me?
First, keep a log of your back pain before your initial consultation. This allows you to have an accurate record of your back pain. In the pain log, include times of day when your back aches, and what activities or actions caused your back pain. Rate your pain on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being “none” and 10 being “unbearable.” You can also record which movements or motions caused little to no pain throughout your day.
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and meet with an expert pain doctor who is equipped to find effective solutions for your back pain. Minimally invasive back pain treatments restore your quality of life and self-confidence with little to no down time.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM OF SPINE & JOINT SPECIALISTS IN NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY:
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
Suffering from Shoulder Joint Pain? Meet With a Shoulder Doctor and Find Effective Pain ReliefAs summer winds down, your ability to spend as much time as possible outdoors wanes. The sunsets move closer to your dinner time and the evenings become crisp as soon as the...
A Nationally Recognized Shoulder Pain Dr. Explains Common Shoulder Joint ProblemsSunday football is a great excuse to meet up with your friends and gorge on junk food for the day. Sure, rooting for your favorite team is fun, but diving into every dip, chip, and wing...
Learn How Shoulder Pain Doctors Use Minimally Invasive Treatments for Pain ReliefSunday grocery shopping is your time to pick up the essentials you need for the week. One large trip on your day off prevents smaller trips during the week, and anything you can do to...