How a Neck Pain Treatment Dr. Uses Minimally Invasive Treatments for Chronic Neck Pain
Chronic neck pain might sound like you’re just constantly annoyed, but it can indicate a deeper, underlying medical issue. Sometimes we get sore necks from sleeping in a poor posture, or from an old pillow. This instantly leaves you waking up on the wrong side of the bed, and starts your day off on a sour note. Thankfully, this type of pain only lasts for a few hours or days, and typically resolves on its own. However, when you have chronic neck pain, this is a long-standing neck pain issue that does not get better despite your attempts to stretch, ice, or use OTC medicines.
Seeing a neck pain treatment Dr. is the best way to find an accurate diagnosis and treatment of your chronic neck pain. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our medical treatment for neck pain involves minimally invasive treatments, such as nerve blocks, trigger point injections, and sessions with a physical therapist. When you visit our pain clinics in NYC and northern NJ, you’ll enter state-of-the-art facilities housed with a team of Harvard-trained pain doctors. Schedule an appointment with our outstanding team and receive the best medical treatment for your chronic neck pain.
Who is the Most Qualified Neck Pain Treatment Dr.?
A neck pain treatment Dr. should have an extensive background in pain medicine, as well as different types of neck pain treatments that do not involve invasive surgery. The pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists are not only Harvard-trained pain doctors, but also sympathetic listeners who take the time to let patients explain their neck pain concerns. Our neck pain doctors do not recommend surgery unless it is medically necessary, and instead use pain management techniques for neck pain relief. Some of the top neck pain Drs. at our pain clinics include:
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is well-respected in the pain medicine community, and her peers regularly come to her pain clinic and observe the newest neck pain treatments. She is an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, and pursued her advanced fellowship in interventional pain management at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Additionally, she is a nationally recognized pain specialist according to the American Board of Anesthesiology.
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney specializes in treating a patient’s entire well-being in addition to providing neck pain relief. He advises patients about healthy living, inquires about sleep patterns, and strives to ensure every person’s overall health and wellness. He is a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, where he taught palliative medicine, pain medicine, and anesthesiology for 7 years.
Trust a neck pain treatment Dr. who cares about every patient that enters their clinic, and also provides exceptional pain care. At Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with an interventional pain doctor who treats cases of neck pain, shoulder pain, and back pain in a state-of-the-art pain clinic.
What Types of Minimally Invasive Treatments Work for Chronic Neck Pain?
Dealing with chronic neck pain is not only painful, but it causes a lack of mobility and range of motion. This makes even ordinary movements like looking up or turning your head to back out of the driveway excruciating. Many people delay medical treatment for neck pain because they fear that neck surgery is their only option for pain relief. This isn’t always the case! The neck pain treatment doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists use more conservative modalities first, and only defer to surgical treatments if it’s medically necessary. At our pain clinics, you’ll find the following minimally invasive neck pain treatments:
- Cervical facet block injection: For people who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, a facet block injection is a quick and highly-effective neck pain treatment. Your neck pain treatment Dr. uses a special x-ray to target specific facet joints in your cervical spine, and uses a local anesthetic and steroid medicine to block the pain. Typically, you’ll need 1 to 2 facet block injections for effective pain relief.
- Trigger Point Injection: When your muscles are contracted and can’t relax, they form painful bands or knots. These are also known as trigger points, and are extremely painful when touched. A trigger point injection includes a local anesthetic and a corticosteroid, which inactivates the area and relieves your pain.
- Physical Therapy: A physical therapist uses exercise science, along with heat and cold therapy to improve your neck’s mobility and range of motion.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and see how a neck pain treatment Dr. gets your neck moving fluidly and without pain.
What are the Different Types of Pain in Your Neck?
A stiff neck from poor posture or a rough night’s sleep is not quite the same as a sore neck from a car accident. This isn’t because one hurts worse than the other, but because the causes of these types of pain vary. In some cases of neck pain, like rheumatoid arthritis, an underlying medical condition is to blame. When you meet with your neck pain treatment Dr., you’ll discuss the different types of neck pain.
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
Acute neck pain, such as whiplash, occurs after a traumatic injury or accident. When you experience whiplash, your neck moves forward suddenly and then snaps backwards violently and quickly. This causes neck pain, and is tied to a specific event. It can also cause injury to your ligaments and neck muscles. Poor posture also falls under acute neck pain, since your slouched sitting position while staring at a screen causes your neck to rest at an uncomfortable angle.
Chronic neck pain is often caused by degenerative disc disease, which makes your spinal discs wear down. Pinched nerves and herniated discs also fall under chronic neck pain issues, and can cause numbness, tingling, and pain when moving your neck or arms.
A neck pain treatment Dr. is the best way to identify and treat both chronic and acute neck pain. Visit the team at Pain Treatment Specialists for the best pain management care.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM OF SPINE & JOINT SPECIALISTS IN NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY:
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
How Does a Doctor for Nerve Pain Relieve Chronic Pain?Nerve pain isn’t something that’s visible, but is a painful and debilitating condition. On the outside, you might be smiling and trying your best to go about the day, but your nerve pain is silently making every...
What are the Pros and Cons of Nerve Burning? Your Guide to Effective Back Pain ReliefBack pain in the summertime puts a damper on all of the seasonal fun. Want to head to an outdoor concert on the lawn? You need to haul along a chair so you don’t have to sit on the...
Who is the Best Neck Pain Specialist Near Me? If you’ve ever experienced neck pain, then you know exactly why the phrase “pain in the neck” carries such weight! A sore and stiff neck makes simple movements like turning your head almost impossible. It’s also visibly...