Can Knee Specialists Avoid Knee Replacement Surgery? A Harvard Trained Pain Doctor Responds
Knee pain has an awful way of ruining plans that you’ve been looking forward to for weeks. You worked hard to train for a 5k and want to complete a year-long goal? Knee pain jumps in at the last minute and makes you cancel your registration. Finally scored a date with the cute new temp in the office? Knee pain makes you embarrassed to cancel, knowing you’ll just spend the night alone on the couch. If you’re tired of knee pain running the show, it’s time to find knee specialists who offer effective and long-lasting knee pain relief.
You begin to research knee specialists and see suggestions like Johns Hopkins knee specialist”, “best orthopedic surgeons Bay area”, “Providence knee specialists”, “best knee surgeons in Cincinnati”, and “best orthopedic hip surgeons near me.” However, none of these suggestions apply for a joint specialist near me, since you need a knee specialist in NYC or NJ. Refining your search, you see Pain Treatment Specialists appear at the top of every list for knee specialists. You check out their website and see a team of Harvard trained knee doctors near me who specialize in minimally invasive knee pain treatments. Avoiding knee replacement surgery was a must on your checklist, and you’d much rather explore pain management options than surgery. Booking an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists is next in your list of plans– right after you get that ice pack off your knee!
Who are the Top Knee Specialists Near Me?
Living in the NYC and northern NJ region, you have a wide variety of joint pain doctors near me to choose from. An orthopedic knee doctor in my area is a specialist doctor for knee pain, but their treatment methods are different from pain management doctors. Orthopedic surgeons use knee surgery as their main method of knee pain treatment, which is invasive and highly disruptive in your life.
Instead, meet with a knee doctor near me who uses minimally invasive knee pain treatments, like the board certified team at Pain Treatment Specialists. Their treatment options for knee pain, knee joint issues, anterior cruciate ligament injuries, and other knee injuries include a wide variety of cutting-edge offerings. Some of the top knee specialists in NYC include:
- Dr. George Hanna: Dr. Hanna fellowship trained in pain medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital– Harvard Medical School. Later, his expertise in this field earned him the title of Director of Pain Medicine and Innovations, also at Harvard Medical School. He has also served as Medical Director of Pain Management at Martha’s Vineyard Hospital, and Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center. He brings this wealth of experience in pain medicine and pain management to his patients at Pain Treatment Specialists. Dr. Hanna’s patients often mention how knowledgeable he is about their knee pain conditions, and how ebay he is to talk to about their chronic pain.
- Dr. Laura Lombardi: Double board certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine, Dr. Lombardi fellowship trained in interventional pain medicine at Harvard. She is highly-skilled in fluoroscopic-guided knee pain treatments, which uses a special x-ray to deliver targeted knee pain relief.
You don’t need to pursue surgical procedures for knee pain when more conservative treatment methods are available. Contact the knee specialists at Pain Treatment Specialists and see how easy it is to eliminate knee pain from your plans.
Can I Use Minimally Invasive Treatment Options to Avoid Knee Replacement Surgery?
Are minimally invasive treatment options for knee pain as effective as knee replacement surgery? Absolutely! In fact, too often even the best orthopedic doctor near me rushes toward knee surgery when more conservative knee pain treatments should be tried first. Consult with a knee doctor near me who specializes in pain management, like the team at Pain Treatment Specialists. The treatment options offered at their cutting-edge pain clinics in NYC and NJ provide long-lasting knee pain relief without the life-changing aspects of a knee replacement surgery. You’ll find the following treatment options at our state-of-the-art pain clinics:
- Physical Therapy: Your knee pain doctor works in conjunction with a physical therapist to create a customized series of motions and exercises. After several PT sessions, you’ll feel increased strength and flexibility in your knee, along with decreased pain.
- Genicular Nerve Block: Also known as a G-block, this treatment is highly effective for patients who have not found relief with other minimally invasive knee pain treatments. Your joint pain doctor near me uses a special x-ray to find the exact location of your genicular nerves, which send pain signals to your brain. Through 2-3 injections around your knee of a local anesthetic, these pain signals are blocked.
- Steroid Injections: This is one of the more conservative knee pain treatments offered at our pain clinics. Your knee pain doctor uses a corticosteroid injection to reduce inflammation, pain, and swelling in your affected knee. You’ll be back on your feet later the same day!
Don’t make knee replacement surgery your first treatment for knee pain. Contact the knee specialists at Pain Treatment Specialists and learn about our wide variety of minimally invasive knee pain treatments.
Why Should I Avoid Knee Replacement Surgery?
There are many more knee pain treatments outside of knee replacement surgery that are more effective at pain relief, with fewer side effects and life disruptions. Before you consider knee replacement surgery, examine the following points:
1. There’s no guarantee just one surgery is effective. You may go through the time and trouble of a knee replacement surgery, just to find that your knee still hurts. This would require an additional, painful surgery.
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
2. Knee surgery has inherent risks. You will face hospitalization, and this is an invasive surgery. Any time you go under the knife you risk the chance of infection or complications.
3. Opioids are prescribed for pain relief while you recover from the surgery. Too often, patients become unintentionally addicted to these pills while trying to recover from surgery.
If you’re tired of letting your knee pain control your plans, book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists for effective knee pain relief. Our knee specialists in NYC and NJ are eager to show you how much better your life is when you’re pain free.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM OF SPINE & JOINT SPECIALISTS IN NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY:
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
How Do You Fix Spinal Stenosis Without Surgery? A Harvard-Trained Pain Doctor RespondsTechnology has evolved tremendously over our lifetimes. When you were a kid clanking away on a massive desktop computer, you would have never imagined the power of a palm-held...
What is the Latest Treatment for Spinal Stenosis? A Harvard-Trained Back Pain Doctor RespondsBack pain can occur from overuse, repetitive motions, degenerative conditions like osteoarthritis, or underlying conditions such as spinal stenosis or herniated discs. You can...
Top Pain Doctors Reveal What is the Best Treatment for Spinal StenosisSpinal stenosis is a painful back condition that can lead to serious complications if left untreated. What exactly is spinal stenosis? It refers to the narrowing of the spinal canal leading to...