Looking for New Treatments for Joint Pain? Find Effective Knee Pain Treatment at Pain Treatment Specialists
Joint pain is one of the harder parts about aging. Even if you’re an active person, knee pain caused by osteoarthritis or osteoarthritis knee swelling is quite common. Why does this type of arthritis occur as we get older? Arthritis in the knee occurs is also known as degenerative joint disease because cartilage is lost through normal wear and tear. This frayed cartilage decreases the space between your bones, causing immense pain. Does ibuprofen help joint pain? For a short time it provides relief, but seeking professional knee pain treatment is the best option for long-term results.
Where can you turn for new treatments for joint pain? Trust the Harvard trained knee pain experts at Pain Treatment Specialists for leg joint pain treatment. At our cutting-edge pain clinics in NYC and NJ, we provide osteoarthritis joint pain relief through minimally invasive pain treatments such as injections, nerve blocks, and physical therapy. The best pain reliever for joint and muscle pain is an interventional pain treatment, which is only found with a board certified pain doctor. Book an appointment today and see why knee joint pain relief pills don’t hold a candle to the relief provided by minimally invasive knee pain treatments.
What Knee Pain Treatment is Most Effective for Arthritis in Knee?
Inside knee pain, back of knee pain, and arthritis in the knee may stem from very different issues. For example, osteoarthritis knee swelling is caused by the breakdown over time of your knee’s cartilage. Inside knee pain or back of knee pain may be caused by a fall, accident, or sudden twist of the knee. During your initial consultation at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with a joint pain specialist near me who will discuss the likely cause of your knee pain, and then dedicate a customized knee pain treatment plan. Depending on the cause of your knee pain, your knee pain specialist may suggest one of the following cutting edge knee pain treatments:
- G-block: A genicular nerve block is designed to be both a diagnostic tool and a pain relief treatment. Your knee pain doctor uses this to see if your type of arthritis has progressed. It is also used to block the pain signals that radiate from the genicular nerve to the brain. This treatment often helps people avoid knee replacement surgery, and has minimal side effects. You’ll be up and on your feet the same day with marked improvement in your pain levels.
- Viscosupplementation: The primary component of joint fluid is hyaluronic acid, and a viscosupplementation injection adds this much needed component. By supplementing the naturally occurring hyaluronic acid in your knee joint, your knee’s joints move more fluidly and with less friction and pain.
What are the best meds for joint pain? Those that are minimally invasive and applied by a board certified pain doctor. At Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll leave our clinic knowing that you’ve received the most cutting-edge knee pain treatment that does not require knee replacement surgery.
How Can I Treat a Knee Injury at Home?
You can find some relief from a knee injury by following a few at-home pain remedies. Meeting with a physical therapist as part of your knee pain treatment might also give you additional ideas for stretches or exercises that promote your knee’s mobility. The knee joint specialists at Pain Treatment Specialists recommend the following at-home knee pain treatments:
- RICE: This acronym is effective for treating knee pain or a knee injury at home. It stands for “rest, ice, compress, and elevate” and when used together are effective at providing knee joint pain relief for a minor injury. First, rest your knee from strenuous activities like running, and try to stay off of your knee as much as possible. Apply ice in 20 minute intervals to reduce pain and swelling, or alternate with a heating pad. Compress your knee with an athletic bandage to provide additional support, and elevate your knee with a chair or pillow while sitting to reduce inflammation.
- OTC Meds for Joint Pain: Does Advil help joint pain? Yes, for short periods of time. Unfortunately there are no magic “knee joint pain relief pills” that can instantaneously take away your knee pain. While OTC meds for joint pain work for a short time, the better long-term option is professional interventional knee pain treatments.
- Lose Weight: Weight loss and a healthy diet are not just good for your joints, but also good for your overall health. Putting less weight on your knee joints creates less swelling and pain.
For the best osteoarthritis joint pain relief, meet with a knee pain specialist who uses minimally invasive knee pain treatments. Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and find a knee pain treatment that gets you back on your feet quickly and without pain.
What are the Different Types of Knee Pain?
Knee pain falls into one of 3 categories: acute, chronic, or medical. Before you begin your knee pain treatment at Pain Treatment Specialists, your knee pain doctor will ask a series of questions that helps them determine your specific type of knee pain. Depending on the cause of your knee pain, different courses of knee pain treatment are recommended.
Acute knee pain is caused by a knee injury, accident, or sudden twisting movement. A ligamentous injury, fracture, or torn meniscus are common acute knee injuries.
Chronic knee pain occurs through overuse of the knee joint with a repetitive movement. Patellofemoral pain syndrome, also known as jumper’s knee, is common in laborers and athletes where the cartilage under the kneecap wears down.
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
Medical knee pain is caused by underlying conditions such as gout or rheumatoid arthritis. Treating these conditions successfully is the key to minimizing knee pain.
If you’re ready to find the best knee pain treatment, schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where our Harvard trained pain doctors have extensive experience in minimally invasive knee pain treatments. Don’t let joint pain deter you from living your life to its fullest!
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM OF SPINE & JOINT SPECIALISTS IN NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY:
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
Find Hip Treatment Specialists Using Minimally Invasive Treatments for Common Hip ProblemsYou’ve spent all year looking forward to summer festival season, where you get to walk across a pebbly parking lot and listen to live music, taste great (and greasy!) food, and...
Learn How a Hip Treatment Specialists Treats Hip Pain With Minimally Invasive MethodsWhen the sun is shining and the conditions are dry, you and your friends make a run for the golf course. It’s been a while since you’ve been able to get together for some fun on the...
Meet with Harvard Trained Hip Specialists for Long-Lasting Hip Pain ReliefYou’ve finally scored a coveted interactive bike, and can’t wait to make up for time you’ve missed at the gym in your very own home. It’s been a while since you’ve had a rigorous workout, and...