Searching for Elbow Pain Doctors? Here’s What to Expect From a Top Pain Clinic
One of the greatest benefits of easy access to the internet is the ability to search for answers for your daily problems. Not sure what to make for dinner? A quick glance at a popular recipe site helps you plan your meal. Want to find the best shampoo and conditioner for your wild mane? Reading a few beauty blogs helps you narrow down your choices. You’ve been doing the same searching recently for your elbow pain, because you’re feeling increasing pain on the inside of your elbow when straightening the arm. Your search history is littered with phrases like “elbow pain when extending arm”, “what doctor to see for wrist and hand pain”, elbow pain doctor near me”, and “when to see a doctor for wrist pain.” However, the end result of all your searches is that you need to meet with elbow pain doctors for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Where can you turn for elbow joint pain relief? Trust the elbow pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists, where their team of pain management doctors focus on minimally invasive treatments for chronic elbow pain, tennis elbow symptoms, inner elbow pain, and inside elbow pain. Unlike an orthopedic doctor for elbow pain or an orthopedic surgeon, your painful swelling isn’t handled with surgical treatments at Pain Treatment Specialists. Instead, you’ll receive a customized elbow pain treatment plan that works for your specific pain concerns. Booking an appointment is easily done either online or over the phone, and you know that your visit to their pain clinic will produce more tangible results than your internet searches.
What Kinds of Treatments do Elbow Pain Doctors Provide?
The pain management doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists avoid surgery whenever possible. Their goal is returning every patient to their daily activities without pain, and by using minimally invasive treatments for shoulder, elbow, and wrist pain. If you feel elbow pain when bending and straightening your arm, don’t spend another day suffering with the pain and aggravation it causes. When you schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, your pain doctor prescribes one of the following minimally invasive elbow pain treatments:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is designed to make your elbow, shoulder, wrist, and arm stronger at the end of your sessions. Since a physical therapist is trained in exercise science, they know which movements and exercises work best for your elbow pain. Heat and cold therapies may also be used during your PT sessions to increase your range of motion.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection: If you suffer from elbow osteoarthritis, which is a degenerative condition of the elbow joint due to wear and tear, then a hyaluronic acid injection is an effective pain management treatment. During this procedure, your elbow pain doctor injects hyaluronic acid into your elbow joint, which supplements your joint’s natural fluid. This improves your elbow’s mobility and range of motion, and prevents the “grinding” sensation that many people feel with osteoarthritis.
- Steroid Injection: One of the most effective elbow pain treatments is a steroid injection. Your pain doctor injects a corticosteroid, which reduces pain and swelling for weeks, if not months.
Instead of searching for “what doctor to see for wrist and hand pain” and “hand bone specialist”, find real relief at Pain Treatment Specialists. Their Harvard trained pain doctors strive to have every patient leave their pain clinics with a renewed sense of hope about their chronic pain issues.
What Qualifications Should I Look in an Elbow Pain Doctor?
Not all elbow pain doctors treat your pain issues in the same manner. A hand doctor or orthopedic surgeon may steer you towards surgical treatments, which are invasive and not always needed. The interventional pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists use more conservative treatments that are highly effective for pain relief. Let’s meet a few members of our pain management team!
- Dr. Laura Lombardi: Her patients describe her as a “lifesaver” who is “warm, helpful, and understanding” and “really knows her stuff.” Dr. Lombardi completed an interventional pain medicine fellowship at Harvard Medical, and is also double board certified in pain medicine and anesthesiology. One of Dr. Lombardi’s specialities is fluoroscopic-guided pain procedures, where she is able to precisely identify your exact area of elbow pain, and provide targeted treatment.
- Dr. George Hanna: Dr. Hanna’s patient reviews describe him as someone who “listens to how you feel” and “gives you a lot of security about your treatments.” His ability to thoroughly and clearly explain elbow pain treatments is a result of his time as a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, where he trained new graduates in pain management techniques at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Lombardi and Dr. Hanna are just two of our expertly trained pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists. Book an appointment today and meet with some of the nation’s top interventional pain doctors.
What are Common Elbow Injuries and Conditions?
Tennis players and golfers tend to have elbow injuries and conditions due to the nature of those sports. Elbow tendonitis falls into a few different subsects, depending on where the pain occurs. Tennis elbow affects the outside of your elbows, and golfer’s elbow causes inner elbow pain. Tennis elbow symptoms include elbow pain when bending and straightening your arm, and difficulty gripping small objects. Golfer’s elbow symptoms include painful swelling in your forearm and wrist, and numbness and tingling. Both of these tendonitis conditions are easily addressed with pain management treatments.
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
Instead of spending endless hours searching for online solutions, take action and contact the interventional pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists. Their minimally invasive treatments provide long-lasting and highly effective elbow joint pain relief.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM OF SPINE & JOINT SPECIALISTS IN NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY:
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
Suffering from Shoulder Joint Pain? Meet With a Shoulder Doctor and Find Effective Pain ReliefAs summer winds down, your ability to spend as much time as possible outdoors wanes. The sunsets move closer to your dinner time and the evenings become crisp as soon as the...
A Nationally Recognized Shoulder Pain Dr. Explains Common Shoulder Joint ProblemsSunday football is a great excuse to meet up with your friends and gorge on junk food for the day. Sure, rooting for your favorite team is fun, but diving into every dip, chip, and wing...
Learn How Shoulder Pain Doctors Use Minimally Invasive Treatments for Pain ReliefSunday grocery shopping is your time to pick up the essentials you need for the week. One large trip on your day off prevents smaller trips during the week, and anything you can do to...