Want to Eliminate Back Pain? Meet with a Back Doctor Called an Interventional Pain Doctor
You’ve had moments over the past few years that have been challenging, but you’ve always found a way to make the best of a situation. Kids suddenly doing online school? You fashioned a cute workstation for their daily Zoom classes and helped them adapt to their new environment. Shortages at the grocery store making it difficult to find certain items? You begin to re-use and re-purpose items that previously would have gone in the trash. If only dealing with your back pain was as easy. You’ve tried several at-home remedies to treat pain, but still go to bed in pain every evening. Your chronic back pain is making you want to stay home all the time and avoid activities that you normally enjoy because your back hurts so badly at the end of the day.
At Pain Treatment Specialists, we understand how back pain interrupts your life and causes pain, discomfort, and a decreased quality of life. At our pain clinics in NYC and northern NJ, a back doctor is called an international pain doctor. This type of doctor only uses minimally invasive treatments for back pain, and avoids surgery unless it is medically necessary. Schedule an appointment at one of our conveniently located pain clinics and learn how pain management doctors in your area help you overcome a painful problem in your life.
What is a Back Doctor Called?
Before you schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you begin researching which type of doctor is best suited to treat your back pain. Your search history is littered with phrases like “what kind of doctor for joint pain”, “back spine doctor near me”, “back injury treatment near me”, “doctor near me for back pain”, and “back and hip pain doctors near me.” However, what you really need to know is what type of doctor is best qualified to treat your back pain. You’re not interested in pursuing surgery, so visiting an orthopedic doctor, spine surgeon, or thoracic spine doctor isn’t on your radar. If you’re looking for a doctor who treats your back pain with the most conservative treatments available, you’re searching for an interventional pain doctor.
Also known as a pain management doctor, this type of back pain doctor receives special training in pain medicine. For example, Dr. George Hanna is one of the board certified back pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists and completed extensive training in pain management. He is a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, where he taught anesthesiology and pain management techniques to medical students at Massachusetts General Hospital. As a nationally recognized pain doctor, Dr. Hanna regularly contributes lectures at pain management conferences and authors textbook chapters on pain medicine. His expertise in this field is matched by his calm, knowledgeable, and sympathetic bedside manner.
When you’re ready to tackle your back pain, make an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists. Our team of dedicated interventional pain doctors match each patient with a customized treatment plan that works for their specific type of back pain.
What Can a Back Doctor Do for Chronic Back Pain?
Finally seeking treatment for your back pain might seem a little daunting at first. What if surgery is your only option? Thankfully, most types of chronic back pain are easily treated without the need for invasive surgery, and respond well to minimally invasive treatments. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our medical advice relies on each doctor’s extensive training in interventional pain medicine. These types of back pain treatments provide tremendous pain relief with very little down time.
- Physical Therapy: A physical therapist works with your back pain doctor to develop a customized therapy session depending on your back pain condition. During your PT sessions, you’ll complete stretches, heat and cold therapies, and strength-building exercises designed to increase your range of motion and back strength.
- Facet Nerve Block: If you have back pain when standing, twisting, or leaning backwards, then a facet nerve block may be an excellent pain relief tool. Your back pain specialist uses a fluoroscope, which is a guided x-ray, to administer a local anesthetic and steroid to numb the nerves that aggravate the facet joint.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: This procedure, also known as nerve ablation, uses heat energy to deactivate troublesome nerves.This treatment is most effective for patients suffering from the beginning stages of arthritis, and lasts up to 6 months.
Not sure what type of back pain treatment is right for you? Book an appointment with the neck pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists and get back to doing the activities that you’ve missed.
Are There Good At-Home Remedies for Back Pain?
The best way to find effective and long-lasting back pain relief is visiting an interventional pain doctor. Their pain medicine treatments immediately provide back pain relief that lasts for weeks, if not months. However, you can do some things on your own to alleviate your back pain including:
- Weight loss puts less stress on your back, hips, knees, and joints. By losing a few pounds, it improves your back and spine health, as well as your overall health.
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Avoid activities that produce excess stress on your back. If you’re a runner, take a break for a bit and complete a few laps in the pool for a great cardio workout.
- Over-the-counter pain medicines are fine for temporary pain relief as long as you don’t exceed the recommended daily allowance.
- Use heating pads and ice packs to reduce pain and swelling throughout the day
You don’t have to continue living with chronic pain in your neck, back, hips, and knees. Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and jump yet another hurdle in your life…and now without back pain!
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM OF SPINE & JOINT SPECIALISTS IN NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY:
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
How Do You Know When to See a Doctor for Back Pain?Getting ready for a warm weather vacation? Time to unpack your summer clothing bins and begin packing your bags. You head to the basement to begin sorting through swimsuits and tank tops, but are left stunned by the...
What Can Cause Lower Back Pain in a Woman? A Nationally-Recognized Back Pain Doctor RespondsWhat can cause lower back pain in a woman? Let’s look at what kinds of movements the average woman makes in the course of a busy day. Her morning begins with a ride on the...
What is a Spine Specialist Called? Visit Pain Treatment Specialists for the Best Back Pain CareShoveling heavy, water-laden snow is a difficult task even when your back pain isn’t acting up. The repetitive motion of bending, digging, and throwing snow causes a lot of...